Is there any better way to brighten a kids’ day than with ice cream? Well, maybe now there is!
These chocolate-covered banana pops are a more nutritious take on a classic frozen treat, and we think your kids will have a blast making them!
What you’ll need…
To start, you will need a couple of bananas, chocolate chips, some popsicle sticks, and any toppings you would like – chopped nuts and peanut butter are a couple of our favorites.
Time to dip…
Insert popsicle sticks into the bananas after peeling and halving, then dip and coat in melted chocolate chips.
Before the chocolate sets, allow the kids to decorate their chocolate-coated treats with their favorite toppings.
Freeze & Enjoy!
Once pops have been decorated, allow to chill in freezer until chocolate hardens, then remove from freezer when you’re ready to enjoy!
Let us know how it goes!
We want to know what your favorite frozen banana pop toppings are! Let us know in the comments below how you would top yours, and if you give this recipe a try, make sure to share with us by tagging us on social media!
For more fun recipes and creative activities, snag your copy of the Creative Cookbook on our shop page!
- Chocolate chips
- Toppings of your choice (nuts, m&ms, peanut butter, sprinkles, etc.)
- Peel and cut bananas in half.
- Insert popsicle sticks into each banana half.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Dip the banana halves into chocolate until covered.
- Add your favorite toppings.
- Place in freezer until chocolate hardens.